My initial plan for today was to fish the chub section of my stream but the hard wind made me decide otherwise.
The chub section was located amidst large open fields so tossing dries at chub was out of the question.

The weather was more suited to fish the more sheltered trout stretch.
The surface of the stream was littered with the debris of blossoming trees which made fishing difficult.
The roach where again hard to catch, with sone luck I caught one fish.


I had expected to run into the large trout again that I had caught the day before but it was a no show.
There was however another trout feeding at a very difficult to reach spot.
I knew I could catch that fish but it took me quite some time to get a decent presentation.
In the end everything worked out and the trout nailed my nymph as it passed over its lie.

The day before I had spotted large roach at the upstream section of a weir.
A bait fisherman was at the spot but complained that the fish would not bite.
At first I tried a weighted nymph but when that landed it the water the fish scattered in all directions.
As the roach fed in the surface a dry fly was out of the question.
As I had only a partrigde and orange spider as wet fly that would have to do.
This time the roach did not scatter but they barely showed interest in the fly.

Spawning bream (Abramis brama)

Time flew and before I knew it midday had passed, time to head to the pub for lunch.
Before I left the water though I made a little walk along the banks and spotted spawning bream
and a couple of fat carp that where milling around in the surface.

The carp where in casting range but as I am not into carp flyfishing I left them in peace.
Having said that I have once purchased some carp flies so I might try them later in the season
as these carp are very likely accustomed to bread as there is quite a duck population at this
particular spot.
Due to a late start in the morning it was well past midday and I had not eaten all day.
A perfect motivation to head to the pub where I choose to sit inside as the strong wind
made it not that pleasant to sit outside.


After my lunch I took a look from the brigde near the pub and spotted some roach and a trout.
I climbed down the steep bank to get in position for a shot at the trout but the target had already seen me and shot away.
At another pool I spotted roach and yet another brown trout.
I tossed nymphs at both fish species but nobody was interested in flies.


It was already late in the afternoon as I approached my last fishing spots of the day.
At spot one a fish had eluded me on the previous day, now it was time to try again.
I was pondering what fly to use. A dry fly would mean false casting and that was no option in the jungle.
The nymph would get stuck in the obstructions of the stream bed so that was also not an option.
In the end I choose for the rather crude streamer option, tricky in shallow water.
When the streamer landed in the water the trout shyed away but when I started the retrieve it hit the fly instantly.


There where mayflies buzzing around but there was no visible feeding to be seen.
I tied on a segde which was soon attacked by tiny dace
My last hope was to make a long cast to reach the faster flowing water near the deadfall.
The extra distance was the ticket as a trout shot up to nail the fly.
The low light and advancing dark clouds where a sign for me to call it a day.